In general, he comes extremely prepared to his classes and has clear expectations of what he wants. He and Charles McGuire just completed a historical dictionary of English music in 2011 for Scarecrow Press. He has published two significant books (one of them in 2005) on historical performance practice, and is a contributing author and editor of several periodicals.
He has dark hair and wears a cute little goatee. He's friendly though shy, and basically a nice fellow. You can catch him walking down Elm Street fairly often, so he probably lives near campus.
- Office phone: x58237
- Email address: Steven.Plank @oberlin .edu
- MHST 226: Music of the Middle Ages and Renaissance
- MHST 235: Music in the Baroque Era
- MHST 301: Introduction to Music Research and Writing
- MHST 319: Studies in Genre: The Oratorio