Most often known as 马老师 (Ma Laoshi), she might seem strict and unfriendly at first but is actually extremely nice, just like the rest of the Chinese department, and maybe funnier, in a subtle way.
Knows a lot about NGOs.
She co-teaches the 100-level Chinese language classes and usually teaches one of the upper-level classes too.
- Ph.D., Case Western Reserve University, 1995
- M.A., Case Western Reserve University, 1990
- M.A., Beijing Normal University, 1984
- B.A., Beijing Normal University, 1982
- Chinese language teaching, modern Chinese education and society, Non-governmental organizations
- Chinese language and literature
- Peters Hall 315
on some stupid aspect of English: "Every time why I use is not right?"
"What kind of teacher say something like that??" (in response to a suggestion of using "區柏林学生又奇怪,又懒"/"Oberlin students are both strange and lazy" to illustrate the use of the 又...又... pattern)
"Now I ask a very personal question. 谁知道什么问题? 谁打呼?" ("Does anyone know the question... Who snores?")