Goals for Oberwiki.
In a nutshell: collect interesting/unusual/useful facts and opinions about all aspects of Oberlin; provide a space for discussion about controversial topics relating to life at Oberlin; provide a space for free promotion of recurring and one-time events in the Oberlin area.
...All the while keeping the law's definition of libel and copyright infringement in mind.
- Co-ops: to provide information on all aspects of life in co-ops that you might not be able to get just by chatting with people.
- Dorms: to provide a central hub of information about dorms, such as atmosphere, living conditions, community, etc.
Off-campus: to provide readily available information on all off-campus housing available to Oberlin students, and make finding and obtaining an apartment very simple.OhioPIRG now has this covered with their online rent book, but we have some information as well.
- To provide a complete list of places to eat in and near Oberlin.
- To provide a central hub of opinions and reviews on these various dining establishments.
- To make sharing of supplementary material for classes easier, and available for students who take these classes in the future.
- To provide a central hub of opinions on classes, for use by students determining classes to take each semester.
- To provide a list of extra resources students may not know of or have forgotten about.
- To provide more indepth information on events than places like the Events Calendar might provide.
- To offer the opportunity for free event promotion.
- To act as an open-ended forum for civil discussion about any topic that captures the mind of a portion of the Oberlin community.
- To act as a convenient reference for information about organizations or unofficial groups that can't or don't want to maintain a website.
- Student groups
- Anything else
- To provide information on various items (entertainment, people, etc.) that would often be overlooked by most Oberlin students.
- To expose the Mythic as co-constructed reality that never was no myth, you were a sunflower!
- Williams College's wiki is nice
Add your own...