A previous professor of Music Theory, Diane Urista left Oberlin after being denied tenure in 2007-2008, to the surprise of many of her students and colleagues. Along with being the previous Eurhythmics instructor at the Conservatory, Urista has been frequently published and is currently working on her publication Embodied Musicianship.
- B.M. Piano Performance, Concordia College, 1979
- M.A. Music Theory, Northwestern University, 1990
- M.Phil. Music Theory, Columbia University, 1996
- Ph.D. Music Theory, Columbia University, 2001
- Certified Instructor of Dalcroze-Eurhythmics, Robert Abramson from the Juilliard School, 1989
"She's wonderful. She's a really awesome person and will always keep you interested in the material. She's also very eager and willing to work with you on anything you need extra help with. She's great." --chiron_slade (5 Feb 2006)